Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Interview w/ Perfekt Khaos

“Perfekt Khaos is the result of 10 years of writing and collaborations, finally mixed together and premiering for everyone to know and love/hate.”

TF: Band members / instruments?
PK: “Well, we've had band members come and go, but in the end, it's always been me and my keyboards/computer programs”

TF: History of the band?
PK: “Perfekt Khaos is a project I've been working on for years. It was originally started by me and Rob McDonald back in 2002 (i think). I kept writing things on and off for several years, people came and went, and finally, this past year, I decided to get real serious about releasing my work, with or without other people.”


TF: What age(s) did you start playing (creating)?
PK: “11 years old, on the Casio keyboard my parents bought for me for Christmas.”

TF: Your influences?
PK: “Depeche Mode, Linkin Park, Rammstein, My Chemical Romance, Disturbed, Freezepop”

TF: Best show experience (in a band & viewing)?
PK: “This is my first show, and I think it's gonna be great. The best concert I've ever been to was when I went to see Johnny Maths live at the Meyerhoff a long time ago. Awesome concert.”

TF: Worst show experience (in a band & viewing)?
PK: “Watching Hinder live at Merriweather. Never again.”

TF: How do you feel about pirating (downloading) music?
PK: “Now that I'm a recording artist, I understand what pirating takes away from us as artists. So now I just buy from iTunes.”

TF: Top 5 records (any style)?
PK:
Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
10,000 Fists - Disturbed
Violator - Depeche Mode
The Rising Tied - Fort Minor
Black Celebration - Depeche Mode

TF: Favorite local bands you’d recommend?
PK: “Used to know a really good band called The Mayo, but I don't know if they're still around.”

TF: Upcoming Shows to promote?
PK: “We want to do a benefit concert in Idewild Park (Easton, MD) for Cancer Research soon, but we don't have a concrete date yet.”

No comments: