Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Hard Hitting Heavy Baltimore Crust Punks: Betty Sue Aside"

(Interview by: Cody)

1. Where the hell did you find Manny, that dude is one of the fastest drummers I’ve ever seen...
BSA – ha-hah fuckin’ Manny... I met Manny in 9th grade (2001). He happened to be in my gym class and he had disgusting nappy greasy hair so I went up and talked to him. he later found out I played guitar and one day he was walkin’ through a neighborhood (while he was on 16 corticedin pills) that I was also walkin’ through he stopped me and asked if I wanted to jam sometime. Now 7 years later we’re still sidekicks.

2. Running the risk of being generic, what are a few of your main influences...
BSA – I’d say our common influences as a band are Black Flag, Aus Rotten, Slayer, EARLY Metallica, ya know everything with good ol' Cliff...

3. Is there anything that you listen to that people might not expect when they hear Betty Sue Aside?
BSA – I’d say if you listen to Betty Sue Aside, expect nothing less. Expect a little bit of everything, from metal to punk, and expect it to be loud and pissed.

4. Favorite Venue?
BSA - WITHOUT A DOUBT, The Barclay House.

5. What has your touring experience been like and do you have any advice for bands attempting to hit the road?
BSA - HA. Tour... tour was good and bad. But life is good and bad and there’s no way around it. It was fun being with my best friends and going to different cities throughout the nation and spreading our fucking plague. The best high in the world is going outta state and seeing kids go crazy to the music that you wrote. Advice? Ease yer way into it. Don’t go out for a month yer first time on tour. And make sure you can all get along before hand ha-ha...

6. Wu-Tang or NWA?
Don’t do this to me.....

7. The lyrics are pretty heavy in your songs...I mean you guys aren't really singing about girls and cars and shit, what are the main points you try to get across in your songs?
BSA - The topics of our lyrics vary. I write pretty much all of them until every once in a while someone else comes up with something. I try to cover a little bit of everything, from politics to skateboarding. From thoughts inside a killers head to being paranoid because of world surveillance... so I guess there’s not really just one certain point.

8. Is Matty Boh a man, a myth, or a legend?
BSA - Matty Boh is THE man, THE myth, and THE legend.

9. Who are the best bands going in Baltimore right now?
BSA - I really can’t answer that cuz I think all the bands in Baltimore are great in there own ways. But I would say keep yer eyes on two bands that are up and coming, Sacri Fidelis and Marrow.

10. Are these the most boring interview questions you've ever heard?
BSA - nah dude people ask me much more stupid shit. ha-ha thanks man.

No comments: